Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"To Create is to Destroy"


Renew your spirit, find yourself, rejuvenate your soul.. what do all these buzzwords mean? I know that I am not myself but where do I go exactly to “find myself” again. Where do I go to do again all those things that make me happy? Well, I am starting here. I will be featuring things I am doing to become my self again. This is where I will be documenting “Who I am.” I’m pretty sure it’s going to be messy, and I am going to make lots of mistakes but maybe that is what I need to go back to being genuine again. I used to be brave, and outspoken, unafraid and unabashed. I made mistakes but I laughed about them. Somewhere in being a wife I started striving to be stepford, to be perfect and no longer make faux paus. I used to stay up too late and giggle with my friends. I used read books and cook great meals. I used to sit on my front porch and drink ice tea. Somewhere in being a wife I stopped doing the things that made me happy. I am not saying that I will become immature, and not take care of Connor. I am saying that I don’t have to be boring to be a great mom!!!

The first project I am doing is “Wreck This Journal” by Keri Smith. The theme is "To Create is to Destroy." It is a great exercise. Feel free to read up on it and come back. I’ll wait.

Done? Okay great. Order it. It’s fabulous. I am not putting a time frame on me completing mine but I plan on doing at least something once a week. I will of course start with the tame things to get in the groove. Here is a picture of the pristine condition it arrived to me in. Let’s see what messes we can make, shall we?




No comments: