Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"He's so spoiled"

MB has this new thing that he does. He squeals at the top of his little lungs, an awful scream. We all run into his room and peak over the side of the crib and he GRINS! He seem to find it most enjoyable that we answer his every call.

I have read some about babies online and have discovered that I am an "Attached Parent." The most important part of that for me is that whenever my baby cries I attend to him. I do not practice CIO. I do whatever it takes to make him comfortable and do not expect him to be an adult and not need me at night. I don't expect him to sleep through the night but I am glad when he does. If he cries at night "just" to be comforted I consider that a real need and not him being manipulative or spoiled. I let him sleep with me on occasion but he really likes to sleep on his own. I wear him in a wrap from loveyduds.com. I breastfeed him and would exclusively if that were an option for us. I have pretty much changed my life to put his needs above mine. I have read studies online that state a baby who's parents are attached grows up to be a more confident and independent adult. I have been told by numerous people that I am spoiling him but I will just deal with it if I am.

I cannot tell you if his nature now is because of this or just his personality but he is a dream baby. He sleeps well for the most part. He cries to be in his swing or baby bed. He loves to play on his own. He will let just about anyone hold him although he does seem to prefer me. He doesn't seem to be a "needy" baby at all.

I do not mean for this to be a controversial post so please don't take it that way, I just mean to explain some of the reasons why I parent as I do.

No comments: