Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blissfully Domestic - - 1/13/09

i am bd gloves

I am pretty sure that I am not the first person to come up with this idea but here goes:

I like to watch TV. At the end of the day I like to just sit in my comfty chair and relax and watch a little (very little) TV. I however, cannot stand my house to be a mess!!!! So here is my solution!! I clean during commercial breaks!! I watch TV and rest during the show and clean during the commercial breaks!! This saves me from the infinate channell flipping and it gets alot of work done!!

I have discovered that I can unload and reload the dishwasher during one show! This way the dishes don't seem quite so daunting!!

I also have heard over the years the 15 minute rule. So during the afternoon when I get off from work I clean during my commercial breaks. But before I go to bed I will spend 15 minutes on a cleaning spree. I will do whatever needs to be done around the house as long it only takes 15 minutes. If something needs to be done that takes longer than 15 minutes I will put that on my to-do list for my day off.

And there is my Blissfully Domestic Tip for today!!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

good tip! i always DVR everything, that way i can watch it in about 75% of the normal time cuz i can FF through commercials.
not so i can get some cleaning done, mind you! (cuz everything is always clean - one of my Aspie OCD things) i just have a short attention span! lol

Tim said...

Very Nice!!

I like it!

Eli's Lids said...

Great tip. I'm so NOT motivated to clean lately... I have no clue why, but it is starting to get a bit messy.
http://elislids.blogspot.com