Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wordful Wednesday - - 1/14/09

Although this is a sad subject I don't mean for this to be a sad post. I mean it more to show that even though my aunt is gone we still love her so much and think about her all the time!!

We lost my Aunt Donna 3 days after I married my husband. It was really hard for me because I didn't have the relationship with her in her later life that I wanted. She was on alot of medicinces and I truely think it made her a bitter woman. So I have decided not to remember her that way but to think of her as she was when I was little. Her two sons are closest to me in age in my family and I used to spend whole summers with them. My aunt always wanted a little girl but was blessed with two boys. So she would send me frilly beautiful dresses in the mail along with whatever girly thing she wanted to buy.



My other aunts decorated her stone for Christmas and here are the pics. Please don't be saddened by them but just remember how much love and joy it brought us to do this.


















3 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

My grandmother always keeps my moms headstone decorated and it really does make me feel better. :)

Deb said...

these are very sweet pictures. i am sure bittersweet, for you! you definitely have the right idea... remember the good.

Anonymous said...

It's actually rather sweet.