Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome Our New Addition



Welcome Ford!! Our little furbaby Pixie had pups but sadly only one made it. She had them yesterday morning before my hubs left for work, and he noticed only one of them was alive. He and I were both really worried about it so I left work a little early and when I got home Ford was laying the grass. He wasn't moving so I thought he was gone too but as soon as I touched him he started whining like crazy lol.

He is a strong willed creature for sure!!! Pixie won't have anything to do with him. We aren't sure if it's because she knows he sick (and we don't) or because she is just too young. This was the first time she went into heat.

We were going to get her fixed but we didn't think she was old enough to go into heat (7 months!). Anyway we are going to keep this little one!!! My hubby named him of course (he loves Fords) and we have been bottle feeding him and doing all that you have to do. I spent all day yesterday doing this:



He wants/needs to eat every hour. So by the time I get the bottle sterilized he's hungry again. Poor baby. My hubby is off from work today and then we are both off on Sunday and I don't work on Mondays. So Tuesday HUSBAND is taking Ford to work with him to feed him on his breaks so he doesn't get hungry. He loves to lay on my chest again the cushions as Eli calls them LOL. So if anyone has any tips on hand raising puppies I love it!!

11 comments:

Diane said...

sorry to say i have no tips for you... that seems like a daunting task. but i'm sure an amazing experience at the same time.

good luck and keep us posted on your new baby's progress!

Heather said...

Oh, he's ADORABLE!!! We LOVE puppies around here!

Anonymous said...

That is so sad that one didn't make it. That really is a lot of work to take care of that little cutie.

Debbie said...

What a cutie. I hope he does well.

Tim said...

AWWWWW he is soooo cute. We will be praying that he isnt sick and will recover well.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Live.Love.Eat said...

wow, you have more work than I do with these new pups of ours, what with sterilizing bottles and all. Congrats and good luck. Puppies are just the cutest!!!

Jen said...

oh how sweet!

tiarastantrums said...

oh my - that is beautiful - are you sleeping with it?

Pamela said...

Oh, what a sweetheart! I pray Ford grows healthy and strong and that he and Pixie develop a good relationship.

Good luck and please keep us posted. :)

Nanny A said...

I know of someone who is very into raising and training dogs. I will ask her to stop by and comment.

Good luck. Also call the vet and see what you should be doing. Your dog most likely needs a post natel visit to make sure all the puppies were birthed etc.

Dog Mom said...

Great puppy hand-raising hints at
http://www.sniksnak.com/doghealth/orphaned.html