Friday, October 19, 2012

Broccoli & Cheese Frittata

Broccoli & Cheese Frittata... (Pretty good!!) 

Serves 4 (it says 2, but that's a lot for only two people!! I fed my whole family!) 
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10-14 minutes 

 

1 - 10 oz box Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese 
1 cup Egg (That's about 4 eggs or Egg substitute will lower calories) 
1/4 cup minced shallot (I used 1/4 cup chopped onion) 
salt/pepper to taste 
Pinch of Cayenne pepper (optional, I did not use this, so it's not in the calories) 
1 Tbl fresh minced dill (also, I didn't use this!) 

Cook broccoli and cheese according to package instructions. Pour into a medium sized bowl, use the back of a fork to break up large pieces of broccoli. Whisk in eggs, onion, salt & pepper. Spray a standard sized nonstick omelet pans with cooking spray (I don't have one so I used a deep dish type fry pan). Heat pan over medium high heat and pour egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until bottom is set. Move pan to oven and broil on low for an additional 5-7 minutes or until top is set. 

Garnish with dill and serve (I don't like dill, so I didn't add this!!) 

I cut it into 4 even pie pieces, and served it that way. 

 

Now to what your all waiting for the calories per serving, (that's how I made it without dill or cayenne pepper and with eggs not a substitute and with onion not shallot. AND with dividing it into 4's not in two) 

Total Fat: 8.3 g 
Cholesterol: 196.7 mg 
Sodium: 423 mg 
Total Carbs: 6.6 g 
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g 
Protein: 7.4 g 
Calories: 133

From myfitnesspal.com friend:  http://www.myfitnesspal.com/sherita461972

No comments: