Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - - Chicken and Rice




This is one of my favorite foods!! My hubby doesn't really like rice but he loves this!! The rice is so flavorful and the chicken is so moist and yummy!!


Chicken and Rice with Bacon


6-10 chicken pieces (thighs are the best)
1 lb bacon
1 1/2 cups rice
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can milk (fill empty soup can with milk)
salt
pepper
poultry seasoning
paprika


Preheat oven to 325.


Line large baking dish with bacon.

Pour rice evenly over top of bacon.

Place chicken on top of rice.

Season chicken with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika.

Mix together soup, broth, milk and pour over chicken and rice.

Cover and bake for about 1 1/2 hours at 325.

Uncover and bake for 15 minute more.
For more Tempt my Tummy Tuesday visit Blessed With Grace.

5 comments:

Jen L. said...

This is one of our ultimate comfort foods, but I've never done it with bacon. YUM!

Diane said...

why do you keep posting all these yummy recipes when you know i cant cook!!?? lol!

it sounds so good!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh my!! Can't go wrong with this recipe...BACON...YUMMY! Thank you for sharing the recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Brenda said...

Bacon just makes everything a little bit better.

Lindsay said...

I've been searching for a good chicken and rice recipe and I haven't found one that I like. I'll have to try this one with BACON! Can't go wrong.

Thanks for sharing...I found you at Blessed with Grace.